Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tell A Vision

I was raised with tel-a-vision, and I survived with my imagination and feelings intact. After spending most of my adult life with very minimal media of any kind, I do notice people tend to shut down quite a bit because of all we have to digest from the images and stories on the "boob tube" - and in movies and other media. When we look more deeply at what entertains us, we realize that these stories represent us. To realize that we are being re-presented by these often negative and superficial perpetuations is something to consider. Are the things you partake of and share with family and friends, do they carry in some way the vision you are imagining for life? What is the view from your mind's eye? Roots & Wings asks us to cultivate a deeper relationship to the vision we create, tell, and allow in our environment. It's time to become more and more conscious of the stories that make up the diet of our brain and heart.

No comments: