Tuesday, May 1, 2012

We Are Stories Telling Stories

It's true, I was discovered as a youngster and lived around the world modeling. It sounds glamorous, but that was not my experience. I wanted to fund my esoteric activities, and have the freedom to explore the no-word-world, which I did, and continue to do, for the no-word-world is what replenishes the heart of life. Some people ask, "What is this no-world-world?" I will try to explain a bit - with these symbols for experience - these limited little word-symbols. The no-word-world is what informs our sacred nature, as we sit in prayer or meditation, it touches us with a love - an inspiration - a total knowing - that is beyond our normal human capacity. The no-word-world shows us faces of the mystery, and teaches us our origins: love, creativity, abundance, wisdom and beauty, as we perform ritual with sacred intention - especially in nature. One example from my experience, if I can put words to such a life altering event - is: I prepared one day and created a ritual for my female ancestors. I bathed, dressed in a sarong, created an altar with photos, notes and such, then walked to a nature spot nearby, to continue the heart of my sincere prayer and ritual outside upon (what I call), the body of god. When I arrived, I lit the sweetgrass, and sent my prayer of thanks to the grandmothers-the ones I knew-and those before her. I stood on the body of god in stillness and prayer, and a vision, an experience in the no-word-world (as real or more real than anything that has ever happened to me), occurred. I was standing on the shoulders of a grandmother, as I looked down, I could see the grandmothers stretching down through time, each one standing on the shoulders of the one before her, sending their prayers, and the knowledge that we stand together in time. When my attention returned to my normal world of words, I knelt down and thanked the grandmothers, with my hands consciously on the earth, where the grandmother's DNA is mixed in, for the earth is where many grandmothers are buried. When I looked up from this profound moment between the world of words and the no-word-world, I saw a stone head right there in front of me. It appears to be an ancient head figure of the feminine. It is among a group of stones I carry, that have appeared after ritual in nature. Here is a photo of it. This is one of many many stories I have about the no-word-world. My book, Roots & Wings, is written to bring people closer to their own sacred stories, their own context of experience. Ritual and nature is not necessary, per say. It's about discovering what you are comfortable with, and diving in.

Recent interview:

http://www.doryandean.com/doryaninterview.mp4